Am I eligible to attend the Amethyst Curling Camp?
- 13-15 years old
- 2 to 5 years of curling with coaching
- Some competitive experience
- All 14 year olds must be in this group
- 15-16 years old
- 4-8 years of curling with coaching
- Experience at Regional or Provincial levels
- All 'new' 15 year olds must start here or in in the Red-Blue group
- 16-19 years old
- At least 5 years of competitive curling experience, with background in Regional, Provincial, or National play
- Solid skill development through quality coaching
How do I register for the 2019 Amethyst Curling Camp?
Registration is available to last year's campers until February 11th. On February 11th click on the registration tab and download the Registration Form. Fill in the Registration Form online and then complete it (it is fillable), print and sign it, and mail it with a cheque as instructed on the form.
Or complete the form, pay for your registration via credit card, and email your registration (and bus) form to Leslie Kerr, firstname.lastname@example.org
Or complete the form, pay for your registration via e-transfer, and email your registration (and bus) form to Leslie Kerr, email@example.com. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for e-transfer instructions.
What is the Amethyst Curling Camp’s Cancellation Policy?
- Before May 1st, ($100)
- May 1st - June 1st ($300)
- After June 1st if a replacement is available ($400)
- After June 1st if no replacement is available ($500)
Is there a bus service to the Amethyst Curling Camp?
YES!!! The bus will run from Thunder Bay down to Nipigon, across Highway 11 to Cochrane, down through New Liskeard to North Bay. The bus will leave Thunder Bay around 9 pm June 30th and arrive in North Bay around noon July 1st. Campers will be allowed early check in. Then on July56th at 1 pm the bus will begin its return trip. Information is on the registration page .
If I was at camp last year, do I get first chance at a spot this year?
Yes. An email invitation will be sent to last year's campers (and anyone on the wait list last year). These campers have until February 11th to register. After that date registration will be on a first-come basis.
What is included in the Amethyst Curling Camp cost?
The registration fee again this year is $881 + HST for a total of $995. This cost includes all meals, transportation while at the camp, accommodations, instruction, special events, prizes, awards, camp picture and camp t-shirt.
What is the Amethyst Curling Camp’s Payment Policy?
Payment by Cheque:
- A cheque for $995 must accompany the Registration Form (made out to the Northern Ontario Curling Association);
- A cheque for the bus must also be included (if you are taking the bus).
- Cheques will be deposited only when the applicant is accepted into the camp;
- If a curler is not accepted into the camp, the cheque will be destroyed;
- If a curler is placed on our 'wait list,' the cheque will be held until a spot opens up;
- If the camp is cancelled due to receiving less than 48 registrations, the full registration fee will be fully refunded.
- We cannot accept faxed forms- please send your Registration Form by mail or priority post.
Payment by Credit Card:
- Registration may be paid for using a credit card. There is a $30 transaction fee added to the camp registration fee.
- Payment for the Bus may also be made using a credit card. There is $10 transaction fee added to the bus registration.
- One the credit card payment has been made, the registration form (and bus form) may be emailed to:
Payment by E-transfer:
- Registration may be paid by e-transfer. Contact email@example.com for instructions (or call 807-598-0051).
- One the e-transfer payment has been made, the registration form (and bus form) may be emailed to: